Dr. Adrian McGoldrick Appointed Turf Club Senior Medical Officer
The Turf Club today announced the appointment of Dr. Adrian McGoldrick as Senior Medical Officer to take over from Dr. Walter Halley who steps down from that position on 31st December 2007.
Dr. McGoldrick has had a long association with the racing industry. He has been Racecourse Medical Officer at the Curragh Racecourse since 1985 and Curragh Training Grounds Medical Officer since 2000. He is also the current Secretary of the Racecourse Medical Officers Association. Since 2004 he has been Joint Research Co-Ordinator (together with Dr. Giles Warrington) of the Irish Turf Club Study on the Physiological, Nutritional and Lifestyle Characteristics of the Irish Jockey and has presented two papers on the research findings to the American College of Sports Medicine.
Commenting on his appointment Dr. Adrian McGoldrick said “I am very honoured to be appointed and I am really looking forward to the challenge”.
Turf Club Chief Executive Denis Egan said “We are thrilled to have a person of Adrian’s calibre to replace Walter Halley. Adrian has been closely involved with the industry for over 20 years and knows the issues that we must continue to address. His experience will be a huge asset to the Turf Club”.
- Withdrawal Times
- The Science Behind This Work
- How Detection Times Are Agreed
- Concepts of Horse Welfare Lecture
- EHSLC Detection Times August 2012
- Barragry 2006: Continuing Education - Doping and drug detection time in horses: new data for therapeutic agents. Irish Vet J 59, 394-398
- P-L Toutain (2010) how to extrapolate a withdrawal time from an EHSLC published detection time: A Monte Carlo simulation appraisal EVJ 42(3)
- Mr. Andrew Lee - “Shadow Blue” - Identity Query
- Kevin Manning (Rider) Appeal Roscommon - 8 June 2015
- Rory Cleary (Rider) Appeal - Navan, 17 May 2015
- Michael Hussey (Rider) Appeal, Curragh - 4 May 2015
- David M. Christie, “The Hard Hat” Prohibited Substance, Westmeath (F) Point to Point, 5th Apr, 2015.