The Turf Club is also an active member of a number of important European and international committees. These include the following:-
The European Horserace Scientific Liaison Committee which is responsible for the harmonisation of anti doping procedures in Europe.
International Federation of Horse Racing Authorities which represents racing authorities in 5 continents and which meets annually in Paris to review racing developments with particular emphasis on integrity and the Rules or Racing.
Technical Advisory Committee (T.A.C.) which formally brings together representatives of racing administration in the Great Britan, France, Germany, Italy, U.S.A, Japan, Hong Kong, Scandanavia, South America and Ireland, who meet to discuss administration problems of mutual interest.
World Thoroughbred Racehorse Rankings Conference (WTRRC) and World Rankings Supervisory Committee which compiles and publishes the World Thoroughbred Racehorse Rankings together with the World's Leading Horses (composed of the world's top 50 horses at any one time).
- Withdrawal Times
- The Science Behind This Work
- How Detection Times Are Agreed
- EHSLC Detection Times August 2012
- Barragry 2006: Continuing Education - Doping and drug detection time in horses: new data for therapeutic agents. Irish Vet J 59, 394-398
- P-L Toutain (2010) how to extrapolate a withdrawal time from an EHSLC published detection time: A Monte Carlo simulation appraisal EVJ 42(3)
*** Eddie Ahern banned for 10 years *** Seven more Godolphin positive tests *** Derby and Oaks latest fields *** In Saturday's paper (May 18th) *** In Saturday's paper (May 11th) *** In Saturday's paper (May 4th) *** BHA's Al Zarooni verdict reasons *** In Saturday's paper (April 26th) *** Eight-year ban for Godolphin trainer *** Al Zarooni to face charges on Thursday ***
We have 132 guests online